Guide to Voting in the 2020 Election
This year, because of the coronavirus, all registered voters may vote absentee or by mail (they are the same thing). You may also vote in person as usual on Election Day, Tuesday, November 3.
Easton Polling Station Hours of Operation
Easton’s polling station will be open from 6 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Election Day, Nov. 3, at Samuel Staples Elementary School, 515 Morehouse Road.
Masks will be required and social distancing will be enforced.
Voting by Mail
If you wish to vote by mail (absentee), you must apply for a ballot.
STEP 1: APPLYING FOR AN ABSENTEE BALLOT
The Secretary of the State (SOTS) will mail absentee ballot applications to all active registered voters in Connecticut right after Labor Day.
- Complete the application you receive in the mail, or print and complete the application available online.
- When you complete your application, select the COVID-19 option as the reason for voting absentee.
- Mail your application to the Easton Town Clerk – AB Application, 225 Center Road, Easton CT 06612.
- Once your application is verified, you will be mailed a ballot (beginning Oct. 2 when the actual ballot becomes available).
STEP 2: VOTING
- When you receive your absentee ballot in the mail, complete it ASAP.
- Follow all of the instructions on the ballot carefully. If the ballot you return is not properly signed and sealed, your vote may not be counted on Election Day!!!!
- Insert your completed ballot into the inner envelope which should be sealed and signed.
- The signed envelope containing the ballot must then be inserted into an outer envelope and sealed.
- Return your ballot EARLY – All ballots must be received by close of polls at 8pm on Election Day, Tuesday November 3, 2020.
Mail it to the town clerk (Easton Town Clerk, 225 Center Road, Easton CT 06612) by October 27. Or place it in Easton’s secure official Ballot Drop Box located in front of the Easton Library on Morehouse Road, across from the Police Station.
- If you are unsure of your party affiliation, you may check it here: portaldir.ct.gov/sots/LookUp.
- To register to vote or change your party affiliation, visit: voterregistration.ct.gov/OLVR/
- If you vote by absentee ballot, you may track your ballot here: bit.ly/2EwF41x.
- For questions or more information, call your Town Clerk (in Easton: (203)268-6291 x133) or go to the CT Secretary of State at https://portal.ct.gov/SOTS/
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFO