Welcome to Easton, Connecticut!
Easton is a small town packed with lots of fun, educational, and engaging things to do. Whether you like to hike, bike, or spend a day at a farmers market, here are some of our favorite places to start your journey. And, some additional resources to keep you in the know.
First, here are Easton’s emergency contacts to help keep you safe.
Richard Doyle, Chief of Police – (203) 268-4111 non-emergencies and inquiries
Call 9-1-1 for emergencies
Steve Waugh, Chief – (203) 268-2833
If after 2:00pm Monday – Friday or after 3:00pm on Saturday/Sunday use (203) 268- 4111
To make an appointment – (203) 268-6291, ext. 110
Sanitarian – (203) 268-6291, ext. 112
Edward Nagy, Director – (203) 268-0714
Next up, here are some resources for farms and food, play, and learning.
- Love healthy, fresh food? So do we. Click here to see a great list of farm stands.
- Need some exercise? We have wonderful open spaces and places to be in nature. One of those treasured preserves is the Aspetuck Land Trust with 100’s of acres of refuge. Click here to view or download the land trust’s trail maps.
- There are many additional places to go for outdoor recreation, strolls or hiking. Check out the list of options here.
- Have a dog? Check out our local dog park and make some new friends too!
Want some news or information you can use? Connect with these websites:
- Our town paper, The Easton Courier, is an award-winning collaboration with Sacred Heart University. Be in the know about current events, post an editorial, and stay engaged!
- Want to learn more about town governance? Here’s a link to the Town of Easton website. Sign up for news alerts and more.
- We have a rich history to share. Visit Easton’s Historical Society to learn more or our town website as well.
- Easton Public Library has wonderful programs and community information. Join a reading group and more!
- Easton’s Senior Center is a great resource with helpful programs, activities, newsletters, and more.
- If you need to check or update your voter registration, visit our Registrar of Voters online through the town website.
Learn more about Easton’s excellent schools & PTO:
- Samuel Staples Elementary School
- Helen Keller Middle School
- Joel Barlow High School
- Join Easton’s PTO to support our school programs, initiatives and more!
Want something special to do? Explore Easton’s treasures on a self-guided tour!
The tour below is provided by our resident expert and local tour guide, Frank Pagliaro. It includes many must-see recommendations to help you discover our beautiful town by bike, on foot, or on a weekend drive on the scenic roads throughout Easton. Even long established residents would learn some interesting things along the way. Click here to download a printable version of the list below. Enjoy!
Thank you for taking the time to visit us online, and please feel free to reach out if we can offer any assistance. We are thrilled that you’ve decided to make Easton your home! We look forward to meeting you, or connecting with you online via social media in the near future.