Home of the Easton, CT Democratic Town Committee
You Voted in Leaders Who Are Ready to Make a Difference
Now the work begins
On November 8th, 2018 Easton resident Anne Hughes won the election for State Representative of the 135th District, which covers the towns of Easton, Weston, and parts of Redding. Learn more...
Upcoming Event: Visit with Anne Hughes in Hartford
More information on this event will be forthcoming. Contact Nanette DeWester with questions at email@example.com.
LEND YOUR SUPPORT
This ordinance will be on the agenda during the Board of Selectman meeting on Thursday, April 4, 2019. All are encouraged to come and speak to one or a few points that matters most to you.
- No shooting within 500 feet of an occupied building
- No shooting at a target more than 75 feet away
- No projectile may leave the property it is shot from
- No target shooting on Sundays or from one hour before sunset until 10AM
- No assault weapons in Easton
- No detachable magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds
- No shooting by a minor without adult supervision
- No firearms on public property except as part of a civic or ceremonial event
- Firearms must be stored in a locked container or with a locking device
- The ordinance does not apply to peace officers, acts of self-defense, organized shooting ranges or clubs, or to display firearms
- Penalty of $500 per violation
‘Almost’ first doesn’t change the future.
Financial contributions drive outreach and support Democratic initiatives.
Coming soon. Find out 10 ways you can help make a difference.
A Word From Your Appointed Officials
Working for You.